A relationship is rarely easy, especially when either one of you is in an unfamiliar environment where you are stuck with each other. Take this relationship advice - Whether it’s a weekend getaway, 3-month cruise or year long backpacking around the world adventure, it’s all a test. Your goal is to enjoy each other’s company while having an incredible experience. So, how can you be sure you enjoy your couples vacation?
5 Tips to Enjoy a Couples Vacation
- The best relationship advice we can give is to NOT go with a partner you recently entered a relationship with. There is a lot of common sense to this statement, but we still must list it for those of you that believe you just found the perfect man or women.
- Don’t approach this couples holiday as an opportunity to test your relationship. There have to be ways to test your compatibility, one of them being time.
- Not all couples should travel everywhere. If you have been together for 5 years, what type of relationship do you have? Does it consist of dinner and a movie and some late night nookie? If that’s all you got, it might not work on the road. It will work for a weekend getaway to the Poconos with a heart shaped hot tub, but definitely not backpacking through SE Asia. Understand what type of relationship you have and how it fits in your travel plans.
- Make sure you’re ready to travel as a couple. What type of things do you argue about at home? Is it about where to go this weekend, what time to leave the house, what to eat for dinner? That’s not a good sign for couples vacation bliss. You have to address those questions every single day on vacation if you are with your partner.
- Your partner is also your best friend. I think we can agree that it’s easier to take a vacation with your best friend. Make sure you have that type of relationship, because there is only one toilet in your honeymoon suite and you will be sharing it when you get food poisoning in that exotic foreign country.